I'm going to show you how to create everything in this bowl of "udon," starting with - the shiitake mushrooms!
Yup, shiitake, these cute little guys here...
Here's what you'll need:
1. Cut one circle out of dark brown felt and two small circles in beige (one smaller than the other). You'll also need thread and polyfill.
2. With embroidery scissors, cut an X-shape at the centre of the dark brown felt.
3. Then, cut out a four-pointed star, like so...
4. Attach the larger beige circle to the back and sew it in place with a running stitch.
5. Using a running stitch, gather the edges of the dark brown circle together.
6. Pull the thread tight and leave a "hole" at the centre. Then, secure the thread and cut if off.
7. Next, stuff polyfill into the shiitake's cavity.
8. Once stuffed, sew the smaller beige circle to the back of the shiitake, like so.
9. And your shiitake is done!
Another shiitake for my udon bowl!
Stay tuned for my next tutorial... narutomaki!